Ingredients of Froot Loops
Ingredients: Sugar, corn flour blend (whole grain yellow corn flour, degerminated yellow corn flour), wheat flour, whole grain oat flour, oat fiber, modified food starch, soluble corn fiber, contains 2% or less of hydrogenated vegetable oil (coconut, soybean and/or cottonseed), salt, natural flavor, red 40, turmeric extract color, yellow 6, blue 1, annatto extract color, BHT for freshness. Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamin C (sodium ascorbate and ascorbic acid), niacinamide, reduced iron, zinc oxide, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B1 (thiamin hydrochloride), vitamin A palmitate, folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin D3.
- Sugar: It contains fructose and glucose. Sugar is a source of carbohydrate and energy. It provides 4 calories per gram or 16 calories in a level teaspoon (4 g). This compares to 36 calories for the same amount (4 g) of fat or oil (e.g., butter, margarine, canola oil).
- Corn flour blend: Corn meal does not contain gluten, so it makes for a safe cooking ingredient for those suffering from celiac disease or gluten intolerance, according to Colorado State University. Eating corn meal also offers some health benefits because it provides a source of essential nutrients.
- Wheat flour : In the process of making 60% abstraction flour, more than half of the vitamin B1,vitamin B2,vitamin B3,vitamin E, calcium, phosphorus, folic acid, copper, zinc, iron, and fiber are lost. If you buy 100% whole wheat products, you are assured of all the nutrients of the bran and the germ, as well as the endosperm.
- Whole grain oat flour : Whole grain oat flour is high in nutritional value. It contain 18% protein, 65% carbs (dietary carbohydrates) and 17% fat.
- Oat fiber: Oats are well-known as a good source of soluble fiber, the type of dietary fiber linked to lower blood cholesterol and a decreased risk of diabetes. However, oats also contain a high concentration of insoluble fiber.
- Modified food starch: Food Starches are modified to enhance their performance in different applications. Starches may be modified to increase their stability against excessive heat, acid, shear, time, cooling, or freezing; to change their texture; to decrease or increase their viscosity; to lengthen or shorten gelatinization time; or to increase their visco-stability.
- Soluble fiber: Soluble fiber helps lower your cholesterol and causes you to feel full, while insoluble fiber reduces your risk for constipation and diverticulitis.
- 2% hydrogenated vegetable oil: Essential fatty acids are nutrients necessary for health, but that the body can’t make and must get from food and specially in hydrogenated vegetable oils. It also offers manufacturing benefits.
- Salt : Salt is naturally high minerals rich foods. Among minerals sodium 4716%, manganese 15%, calcium 7%, iron 5%, copper 4%, zinc 2%, magnesium 1%, potassium 1% etc. are mentionable.
- Natural flavour: These flavorings are extremely common in foods and beverages. Natural flavors are meant to enhance flavor, not necessarily to contribute nutritional value to a food or beverage. But be sure that natural flavor is not harmful for human body like artificial flavor.
- Turmeric extract color: Binomially, root-turmeric belongs to the ginger or Zingiberaceae family of root herbs, of the genus; Curcuma. Scientific name: Curcuma longa. Its rhizomes, as well as leaves, have long been used in traditional Indian and Chinese medicines for their demonstrated anti-inflammatory (painkiller), antioxidant, and anti-cancer properties.
- BHT for freshness : 150 BHT only!! For You To Enjoy A Varity Of Fresh- Froot Loops Cereal is a child’s alluring, nutrient, healthy and delicious food.